Sunday, January 13, 2013

Sea Salt Caramel Pretzel Bark



This is my first out of many blogs about all the yummy food that i bake. Most of them will most likely be desserts but a little savory might be added here and there. These turned out great. My family were like these are actually really good, so if they say there good then there a have to make. I would defiantly recommend these, they are so addictive.
Here is how you make them:

Ingredients:
- 1 cup of butter
- 1 cup of brown sugar
- pretzels
- 1 cup of semi sweet chocolate chips
- Sea salt to taste

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. and then line a 9x13" pan (or any pan really, as long as its a decent size) with foil. Lay a flat layer of pretzel on pan (if you don't have the square pretzels then just use two layers of the original small pretzels, they work just as good)
2.Melt sugar and butter in a small pan until they start boiling. Reduce to simmer for five to six minutes, until it is thickened and the sugar is completely dissolved. Stir occasionally so that it doesn't burn. Pour mixture over pretzels and spread out evenly. If the mixture doesn't reach all of the pretzels that is ok (but do what you can). Bake in oven until caramel is bubbling.
3. Remove pan from oven and then sprinkle the chocolate chips over the pretzels and caramel. Let them soften and then melt. Then spread the chocolate into an even layer, at this point you can add the sea salt or anything else for that matter ( nuts, cracker crumbs, or oreo crumbs..ect).


                        

4.  Let it cool in the refrigerator until hardened (usually takes 30 minutes to an hour). Take it out of the pan and break into pieces of your choice of size. I tried to cut it, but it doesn't work. Breaking it is a lot easier. After that you eat them to your delight! I hope you try this, it is amazing :D



2 comments:

Laur Hornby said...

This looks so delicious Elisabeth! :-) I am definitely going to try this and let you know what I think! Thanks for uploading the recipe... It's so handy that I don't have to go searching for the good recipes myself! ;-) ...I can just come here! Thank you - for taking the time to create this blog!

Unknown said...

I am glad this will help you Lauren! I will enjoy having it too, it will be a way where i can store all of my recipes, and not lose them. :------------)